- What did Guterres and Putin do in their meeting?
- Why is Vladimir Putins table back in the news?
- What did Putin and the UN chief discuss in Mariupol?
- Will Putin bring troops back to Russia?
- What did Guterres say about his meeting with Putin in Moscow?
- Why has UN chief Antonio Guterres been to Russia?
- Are Putin and Guterres far more separated than a few metres?
- Why is Guterres meeting Zelensky in Moscow?
- Why does Vladimir Putin have such a long table?
- How much is Putin’s table at IKEA?
- Did Putin and Macron really sit at opposite ends of table?
- What is happening to Vladimir Putin’s health?
- What did Putin tell Erdogan in Mariupol?
- Will the UN help evacuate people from Mariupol?
- Why did UN Chief meet with Putin in Moscow?
- What did Putin and Guterres discuss at Azovstal?
- Will Putin bring back troops to prevent war in Ukraine?
- Will Guterres change his appeal to Putin?
- Did Putin deliver a message of war?
- What is Russia’s ‘military operation’ in Ukraine?
What did Guterres and Putin do in their meeting?
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and Russian President Vladimir Putin met one-on-one Tuesday for the first time since Russia invaded Ukraine, and the United Nations said they agreed on arranging evacuations from a besieged steel plant in the battered city of Mariupol.
Why is Vladimir Putins table back in the news?
The comically-large table Vladimir Putin uses to host world leaders has made a reappearance as the Russian dictator hosted UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres for talks about the war in Ukraine.
What did Putin and the UN chief discuss in Mariupol?
U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric said the Russian leader and U.N. chief discussed “proposals for humanitarian assistance and evacuation of civilians from conflict zones, namely in relation to the situation in Mariupol.”
Will Putin bring troops back to Russia?
Moscow must halt its war against Ukraine, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said addressing Russian President Vladimir Putin both on Twitter and from his headquarters in New York. “President Putin, in the name of humanity, bring your troops back to Russia,” Guterres stated.
What did Guterres say about his meeting with Putin in Moscow?
Something went wrong. Please try again later. United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres said in a new interview that his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow this week was “very useful” as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine stretches into its third month.
Why has UN chief Antonio Guterres been to Russia?
Guterres has travelled to Russia to meet with the president to discuss the Ukraine crisis. Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky has criticised Guterres for visiting Russia before Ukraine. The war is in Ukraine, there are no bodies in the streets of Moscow.
Are Putin and Guterres far more separated than a few metres?
BBC correspondent Jenny Hill claims that Putin and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres are far more separated than a few metres of furniture as Putin and Mr Guterres sit apart divided by the infamous long Kremlin table.
Why is Guterres meeting Zelensky in Moscow?
Guterres is to meet Zelensky following his Moscow stop. They both last spoke on the telephone March 26. Putin has not taken Guterress calls since the UN chief stated that the invasion violated the UN charter. Zelensky Saturday criticized Guterres flying to Moscow first.
What did Putin tell Erdogan in Mariupol?
Earlier on Tuesday, Putin told Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan that there were no military operations under way in Mariupol and that Kyiv should “take responsibility” for the people in the Azovstal steel plant. If playback doesnt begin shortly, try restarting your device.
Will the UN help evacuate people from Mariupol?
Russia has agreed “in principle” to UN involvement in the evacuation of citizens from the last remaining holdout in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol, following a meeting between Secretary-General António Guterres and President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Tuesday.
Why did UN Chief meet with Putin in Moscow?
The United Nations secretary general met with Russian President Vladimir Putin and his foreign minister. He came to Moscow as a messenger of peace.
What did Putin and Guterres discuss at Azovstal?
During a meeting in Moscow, Putin and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres discussed the situation at the huge Azovstal steel plant, where the last Ukrainian defenders of Mariupol are holed up after months of Russian siege and relentless bombardment.